Hawk's Nest

Thursday, December 15, 2005


And Today I Was Crowned...

No, I didn't move overseas or discover some lost lineage. No, this was a crown of the toothy kind. I've personally never had anything worse than a filling. But today that all changed.

I had no idea how a crowning worked but this Wikipedia article does a very decent job going through the steps. It took about 1.5 hours and the weirdest part was the local anesthesia. When it was all over, I felt like half my tongue was swollen as big as my mouth and I couldn't feel the right side of my mouth or jaw. All normal. At one point, I felt an itch I couldn't stratch on my face. Couldn't scratch it no matter how hard I tried...really strange. It took about 3-4 hours for it all to wear off. No residual pain just soreness.

Since the 1st crown is temporary, I get to go back for the real one once it's tailor made for my tooth. Shouldn't be as bad. Oh well, more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home