Hawk's Nest

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Caring for Your Introvert
Extroverts have little or no grasp of introversion. They assume that company, especially their own, is always welcome. They cannot imagine why someone would need to be alone; indeed, they often take umbrage at the suggestion. As often as I have tried to explain the matter to extroverts, I have never sensed that any of them really understood.
My name is Kevin. And I'm an introvert. But for a few seconds in extroverted exuberance, I came across this article in the Atlantic Monthly which describes my "orientation" very well. I've had many conversations about introverted v. extroverted with others (mostly other introverts) and it's nice to finally see someone do a nice piece for the majority to understand us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home