Hawk's Nest

Sunday, October 23, 2005


Lessons from a Bear of Very Little Brain: The Place of Children's Literature in Education

Reading good books is lost on today's society. I was never forced to read literature and no one ever cultivated my imagination to find the Truth and Beauty of something well-written. I've discovered it on my own.

Sam Torode's essay (above) captures the wonder of classic literature...beginning with Winnie the Pooh. I've been able to share the joy of A.A. Milne's world with my children and look forward to sharing with them the unending rich repository of writing from our past.

1 Comments:

  • I so agree that reading classic literature is a lost art. Keep sharing your Pooh stories and maybe you will inspire some more great readers. Check out my blog at http://www.ginadhartley.blogspot.com

    In him;
    Gina

    By Blogger Gina, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home