Hawk's Nest

Monday, March 28, 2005

Orb Networks

Orb is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. It's a service to access your media (music, video, pictures) remotely. On any device, handheld or PC! The device variety initially got me interested. My new PocketPc Phone...Audiovox 6601 is perfect as a connected PDA to take advantage of this device. I had no problem accessing my mp3's and Divx video. It is beautiful.

Then today, Russell Beattie picks up the news that the service is now going to be **free** (Ad driven). Now that's good news. I hate using something temporarily and not be able to afford the monthly fee. Especially when the technology is this good. The whole idea of the service reminds me of the Prismiq device except this acheives access to your media via software and allows access on multiple PC devices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home